Sunday, July 27, 2008









































By the Old Totem Pole


As the price of petrol makes running a car the privilege of only the very rich, I decided to get out on the bike.

Seeing the world from this angle again is so pleasant. Your area of movement is extremely limited, but perhaps this is a good thing.

I followed the canal down to the Bowling Basin, quite a feat if you are not used to cycling.

On the way I stopped at the Wildlife Reservation that is The Saltings, between the canal & the river. I thought it was funny, when another kind of reservation was evoked by the presence of a totem pole in The Saltings.

Hopefully, I will be doing this more often in the drive to keep fitter, but I am opening up to a slower pace of life on the canalside that reminds me of Iain Sinclair’s London Orbital book.

No comments: