Sunday, June 15, 2008















































We Are All Pan’s People

I know I have mentioned the Ghost Box series here previously, but I have just managed to get my hands on some of the later releases. Don’t ask!

Nostalgia aint what it used to be, but it is fine comfort zonewithin which to loose yourself. A Pontins/Butlins holiday camp for the mind.

It’s not all pleasant. There is that edgy Cold War thread running through the albums.

There is also that quaint childishness that niaivity that would suggest you would survive a nuclear attack by sticking your fingers in your ears & wrapping yourself in clingfilm.

As you listen to the albums all those images flash through your mind; farmers markets, I-Spy books, Emma Peel, Nuclear shelters, an abundance of plastics & other new synthetics…….

I was delighted that one of the latest batch includes a local band: Mount Vernon Arts Lab (I already have some of their cds) with their Séance @ Hobs Lane. Is the latter street not situated at the top of Byres Road, near the Greek Orthodox Church?

No comments: