Monday, June 09, 2008





























Partick King Prawns

On my return from Peebles the other night, I had chosen to make the return journey to Glasgow via the train. The weather had changed to a heavy downpour of rain & I had to change trains at Partick.

I ran into what used to be used as a smokeshelter & it is now a no smoking shelter, but I was shocked to discover the floor of the shelter was covered in 50+ king prawn heads.

As you can imagine this made me stop in my tracks, as my brain tried to cope with this episode. Who would do this, when despite 9/11 & IRA bombthreats, Partick Station still has a reasonable amount of bins.

They must have been fresh as the smell was actually quite enjoyable, reminding me of the deep blue sea amid this torrential rainfall.

To make the evening almost perfect, even although I had such a wait between trains, I was listening to yet another session from David Garland’s old WNYC ‘Spinning on Air’ shows with Vetiver guesting: outstanding.

No comments: