Sunday, June 01, 2008









































The Source

I have so many books to read for Reading Groups it is unusual for me to choose to read anything else. However I was intrigued by a new title by Isis & Electricity Aquarian called ‘The Source: the untold Story of Father Yod, Ya Ho Wa 13 & the Source Family’.

I wanted to read it because at the time of their peak, I was at the other end of the world & I like many, suspected them of being another Manson Family (they actually lived very close to each other at one time!).

Anyway, I enjoyed the book, I always liked the free form freaky jams they produced & I have a large collection of the albums.

I still have an open mind on the movement. They probably did more good, than harm, I would suggest.

In the words of the great Michael Marra, Ya Ho Wa 13 was ‘hairmless’.

No comments: