Thursday, June 26, 2008

























Further Finnish Freakiness

I remember when I was young & walking through a dense pine forest with some friends. I have erased much of the experience from my memory, but something happened, it could have been a deer, a human….etc…I don’t know but it spooked us & we started to run out of the woods.

Can you sense the spirit of the forest? Is it in our roots?

I am reminded of the ‘Waking the Dead’ 2 part series, where the young Irish travellers are bare-chested, bare-knuckled fighting, high on mushrooms, with animals masks on their heads in a forest clearing.

Well for the past while & a bit, I have been listening to the soundtrack for the ideas above, whether it has been Uton, the Heavy Eyes of the Sun (actually from Montreal), the Weird Weeds, the Skaters, Anvil Salute (thanks for the comments guys!), Corsican Paintbrush, Big Blood & Death Chants.

No comments: