Sunday, June 01, 2008













































Asshole from El Paso

How many librarians attend Kinky Friedman concerts?

I met my friend Stephen from another college library at a matinee performance by the ‘Kinkster’ in Glasgow.

I always kind of liked him, but I was never convinced that he was on the same level of singer songwriters as James Taylor/John Prine/John Martyn, perhaps he was just unfortunate trying to compete with such a rich vein of talent.

It is a great pity that he did not succeed in being the new Governor of Texas in 2006, however the opportunity might arise again.

The set was tremendous & a big thanks to the groom for getting the tickets. I am glad I caught him & his outrageous trio. His guitar player being of Lebanese background would easily fit into the gap left in the Sun City Girls with the death of Charles Gocher?

No comments: