Tuesday, April 03, 2007





Travelling Without Moving


‘Isnt it Funny how time slips away’.

Sporting a Turkish away top (thanks liam), I was pondering my first trip to ‘weegie’ heaven.

This is not strictly true. I did arrive in Blackpool train station by accident rather than design, after I boarded the wrong connection from Preston, when I was coming home for a break during my 3 years in Manchester.

I remember when I was younger, I used to enjoy the journey more than the arrival at my destination. Now that I am older the opposite is true.

Last year, I was invited to Blackpool with the International students, after the event. This time I have had advanced warning. It is only for a day (I hope!) & I trust I will not find it ‘too tacky’.

It seems a bit odd, when we live in the most scenic country in the world & yet we are going down to England’s Las Vegas.

No comments: