Sunday, April 08, 2007





The Road to Damascus

Is life getting weirder or what?





One minute you are on a coach to Blackpool, the next instant you are sitting an assessment for a minibus test, next I am teaching a pc passport class & then I am inside my pc trying to re-connect a component that had drifted loose & all the time I had merely a dodgy mouse.

During this latter mad week my younger son got the keys to the house next door. Does this mean I will gain some living space? Does this mean he will cease asking me for ‘change for the bus’ most days?

I could have bought another house in this street with all these bus fares over the years. He did state he bought me a couple of cd singles that I had suggested. One was a Beady Belle sampler containing 5 tracks, many of which I have on the albums.

The other one was very disappointing as I had recently seen Paul Napier as support to Jackie Leven @ King Tuts, but the cd single I just got was uninspiring.

The Happy Highlanders are used to a crazy hectic schedule & they paid el rapido visit during all this chaos. They had to push on as they were going up to the hospital, then to see Allan Taylor in concert & then straight home to Glenmore. I am fond of Allan Taylor & I remember a track called ‘Sometimes’ that may have been on an album of the same name. (Mental note, I will have to check this!)

Somewhere during this period my sister-in-law, who incidentally

lives just across the road, had fallen in the street while coming over to our house. She is ok, but we are concerned as this is not an isolated case.

I am concerned about how sentimental I am becoming. This a.m. as I was forking out yet another batch of change to my homeowner son, I flashed back to a land far away when his mother was taking him aboard a plane & he wanted to stay with me. It broke my heart then to leave him & the pain still aches occasionally. It did this morning.

1 comment:

keith beattie said...

awwwww what a sweet little daddy!

Aye you have a got a heart after all shug, thanks for the spare change mate - noo i can afford a cappucino and a panini - thanks for the life experience in the middle east that shaped me much deeper than any UK School curriculum ever could!

Peace
No. 2 Son.