Monday, July 03, 2006



Still Game


What a collective sigh of relief when the English finally got knocked out of the World Cup. This is a trophy they expected to win! They constantly told everyone they would lift that trophy. Get a reality check. They got the easiest games in the tournament.

Anyway, this is not an anti English rant. This is an anti- English media rant. We can enjoy the rest of the competition, although for this writer, I was shocked at the performance of Brazil & much as I did not rate France, they thoroughly deserved their place in the next round.

Its so difficult to find the time for my other pursuits, e.g. garden re-design, with all this football going on! I can only nip out between games & do a small amount.

On the musical front, I have been getting a lot of elusive cds finally. I am a big Dario Argento fan & I got the Goblin soundtracks to ‘Suspiria’, ‘Tenebre’, ‘Amo Non Amo’, ‘Zombi’, & Profondo Rosso’. I love the music when it is in the films. I will see how they sound without the visuals. If I can find the time to listen to them.

On a positive note: I admit I have been dismayed at the 5-0 whitewash of the English cricket team by Sri Lanka. As a sporting nation, they are not doing very well. I mean what was painted on the team coach, One Nation…..Does this mean that the Scots are different, that we should have some real power to secure oil wealth etc…& have a proper health service etc…like Norway??

Anyway, has anyone noticed the quiet progress of Andy Murray, who has made some stupid statements in his young life.

No comments: