Sunday, March 02, 2008














































A Visit to the Barbers: Guide for the over 50s

Even simple tasks like getting a haircut can be troublesome. Gone are the days when you marched into the barbers & pointed at pictures of Paul Newman or Steve McQueen & said I want one of those please.

My latest request is for a George Clooney. However I was warned away from an ‘old man’s haircut’, by some of the more enlightened hairdressers at the College. I always get my hair done there now, as it falls well within my price range.

I was told that my current haircut is ‘well-funky’, ‘naturally messy’ & it had that difficult to achieve ‘just out of bed look’.

To be honest, I am still a bit uncomfortable with it, (my wife is still in a state of shock), but I was in the hands of experts & they said I suited it, so it stays put until it grows out.

No comments: