Thursday, March 20, 2008


















































Major Tom’s a Junkie

Thanks to a recent discovery: Catch up tv, I am now well & truly lost in ‘Life On Mars’.

I am watching this in parallel to the current series: ‘Ashes to Ashes’. Maybe this would explain why I never know what decade I inhabit. Most of the time I live in some ‘idealistic’ weather-beaten 60s in my head. Will I have to name it after some lame Bowie tune.

Not as naff as it sounds as some of his early work is well fab, groovy, doubleplusgood.

This ‘Sweeney’ for the 21st Century is so so non-pc, I am absolutely loving it (just like the Tiffany Shade album I am listening to as I write this). It is so refreshing to hear a spade called a spade & not a garden implement, shovel-shaped for turning soil.

This sets me off hoping, that catch up tv will find a space for Monty Don’s ‘gardens of the world’ series as I have missed most of them, Sundays being one of my creative cooking nights.

No comments: