Sunday, March 09, 2008

















































Pocahaunted @ Cannery Row

Is Pete correct? Is the overall spooky weirdness of ‘No Country for Old Men’ due to the fact that there is little or no music on the soundtrack? I will have to check it again.

This a.m. I am haunted by Pocahaunted as I listen to their big, post-rock epics & start reading ‘The Dark River’ by John 12 Hawks.

I really should not open this book as I am stressed out with my backlog of reading materials for my 2 Reading Groups & the clock is ticking.

Meanwhile, I have opened Donovans’ autobiography, which has been ‘on loan’ from the College Library since we acquired it. Pete’s recent visit reminded me to re-start it.

In fact, Pete’s visit reminded me of how much we used to love John Steinbeck’s ‘Cannery Row’. Recently, when the Happy Highlanders were slumming it in the Lowlands, the ‘Cannery Row’ movie came on tv. I did not concentrate on it with the visitors, but I have made a mental note to try & catch it as it looks ‘well crazy’ like the novel itself.

No comments: