Saturday, May 12, 2007



Winning Ugly


This is a new phrase I have picked up but it is certainly appropriate as a description of the achievements of the Scottish Premier Champions.

I have watched many awful games at the end of the season. It certainly was not entertainment. There was rarely any evidence of the beautiful game. The only bit of class came from the man from japan. It has got to the stage where although there are very few games left, I will not watch them. This is not just my personal opinion. I have a friend, who is more passionate about the game than me, as he is a season ticket holder, but he feels the same way & hasn’t been attending matches.

The games I have watched & when the victors ground out their 1- 0 result, there was very little celebration amid the crowd, only relief.

Let’s hope the new season will be completely different.

No comments: