Thursday, May 17, 2007
















What’s in the (Ministry of) Bag, Jack?

Glasgow is certainly where it’s at. Last nights Spanish invasion for the excellent UEFA Cup final @ Hampden Park showed the City at it’s best. It was interesting that the new First Minister was filmed alongside Michel Platini at the event. What chance a Scottish Republic?

Tonight sees the return of Jack Bruce to play the RSAMD, where he began his career @ £1 per ticket. I would jump at the chance to go but I have to take a class in Alexandria (no not that one ya ninny).

As a teenage Cream fanatic, I always felt there was more depth & adventure in Jack’s songs. This was later evidenced in his first solo album, ‘Songs for a Taylor’, still one of my favourite desert island discs.

As a Govan- born lad I was very pwoud, that he named another of his early albums ‘Harmony Row’ after a street I frequented in that town. Alex Ferguson another Govan boy seems to be doing ok as well.

No comments: