Wednesday, May 02, 2007







Numbers, patterns, Sequences & Remarkable Coincidences

As I sat down to scoff mackerel fresh out of the Sound of Mull the night before, I thought about how this fish’s great grandfather might have fed my great grandfather, as he repaired the town clock in Tobermory. Then I remembered that I should listen to the Raymond MacDonald/George Burt cd that was recorded about the clock.

Next thing you know, I am watching Bill Murray in ‘Broken Promises’ (I had just watched ’Lost in Translation last week!) & I am back on Arran, where I first saw this moody film. I was totally entranced by the Ethiopean soundtrack to this film & along with recent Tinawaren albums, I am hearing the real deal in world music. There is a lot of dross in the World Music arena at the moment so it’s great to hear something real.

Another thought just hit me as I mused over this month’s ‘Wire’ mag. Mark E. Smith is Johnny Cash.

No comments: