Wednesday, February 21, 2007




If 6 Was 9

Are numbers significant? There are many patterns in the natural world that would suggest that all life has a numerical foundation. The ancient Greeks were obsessed by numbers. Mad Madonna & her mates are current toying with the kabala, although with them we know it will be a passing fad when the next big thing comes along to divert their attention.

I live in house number 33, before that I lived @ #63 in a nearby street. For most of my early life, I lived @ a house numbered 3 & I was there in 1969.

As I write this, I am listening to 6 organs of admittance & it is taking me back to 1969. In my opinion, they are good enough to be 9 organs of admittance, even although they mostly work as a duo.

Another of my favourite bands was a duo for much of their output, although they informed the media that they were as their name suggests a trio. They had a fictionalised 3 rd member of the Hafler trio, but in fact it was Chris Watson (late of cabaret Voltaire & who makes excellent cds for the touch label & who works in sound for the bbc) & Andrew McKenzie.

I always felt drawn to this band. For a time when he was working solo, Andrew McKenzie became very ill with hepatitis b just like this writer. Mr McKenzie enjoyed word & number games in his work………e.g a trilogy in 2 parts, four ways of saying five…….etc…

This writer is not obsessed with numerology, but I can codify ideas & knowledge down to minute decimal signifiers.
I do not enjoy football, I watch & play 796.334!

Many of the bands I listen to regularly have names containing numbers……e.g. 3 Mustapha’s 3, pentangle…third ear band…….9 horses………………etc

No comments: