Tuesday, June 27, 2006



Hatfield, the Hungarians & the North

Yes, I know its been a while since an update. Too much happening in my life to deal with at the moment & so much confusion. I mean recently one of my sons played at a wedding. My wife & mother-in-law wanted to go to the church to see the bride ..etc as they knew her family. I just dressed casually, as we were not guests. Believe it or not, my son told me I upstaged the bride because I was wearing a tie-dyed, fractal t-shirt. What’s wrong with these people. What’s wrong with tie-dye?


The last month at work has been so weird too. Usually at this time of year we are winding down, before the summer holidays. However, the past 4 weeks have been so busy & with us being one member of staff short, it has been crazy.
In addition, we have had all the Hungarians spending all their free time (a lot) in the library. Not that this was a problem, we were delighted to have these visitors with us almost every day for the past month, but they had to be accommodated, when the library was very busy. The day before they left, one of the teachers, Judith gave us a couple of atonement gifts: a dvd & a hardback book showing us the area that they come from. This was a fine gesture & if I ever get the time, I will watch the dvd & leaf through the book.

I am now attempting to finish re-laying my driveway, a task I began last summer. So, instead of typing this, as it is dry outside, I should get out there.

On a more positive note, I finally got my grubby hands on those first 2 Hatfield & the North albums on cd, as well as a couple of Matching Mole albums, this has cheered me up no end.



No comments: