Friday, June 02, 2006



Better to Burn Out than Fade Away

What’s new: happy highlanders dropped by on their way to Whitehaven for a wedding, Shangalang has had his hair tarted up & back to black from grey, my car has (ver)sprung a water leak somewhere…………I have to wait for a repair, because of the Hungarian delegation, who are also spending a lot of time in the library with me, although the past 2 weeks have been so frantic with us being 1 person short & the mad rush to finish projects, before the end of the academic year.

I got my opportunity to use my 2 word Polish vocabulary on Darius, who wasn’t particularly impressed. Now we have to wait to get our paper re-cycled because the Hungarians were taken to the Falkirk Wheel!

My sister-in-law has a new boiler & her neighbour took a bad turn & we were all worried as her two daughters live only a couple of doors away. One of the daughters had to go into hospital herself to get her kidney stones blasted & this was the only reason I witnessed Kenny’s handiwork on Shangalangs napper, because he was gardening at his mother in laws.

Another of my neighbours has gone to the usa so I have to remember & put his re-cycle bin out for the Council. Life is altogether very complicated.

The West Dunbartonshire book festival begins on Monday, so I am off to many of these events, missing some of the World Cup games & the cricket no doubt. If the weather changes I can get that driveway finished. It’s still half done since last summer.

On my way back from one of my Reading Groups last night, I cut through a 10k run & saw our Health & Safety man & one of the PT staff, who shouted, ‘hat trick hero’ at me. I don’t like going on about my 52-year-old Brazilian football skills especially in front of Harry from my Reading group, but I did get another extraordinary hat trick during my 5 –a-side match mid week.

All through this madness, I did get a chance to listen to these cds & that helped!


No comments: