Saturday, May 06, 2006




Yesterday I woke up sucking on lemons

What is this madness that engulfs us? Climbing up a ladder to reach the coffee jar before I am awake enough to climb up a ladder to reach the coffee jar before I am awake enough to climb up a ladder to reach the coffee jar before I am awake enough to….

Listening to Radiohead acoustic recordings at 7.00 a.m. on a Saturday, having quality time with my son before he goes off to work. How many 52 year olds would do this Thom Yorke? Darius is just about to start his shift for today building my neighbour’s extension. Carpentry is such a fabulous gift.

Returned to fitba after such a long layoff with such a nambie- pambie injury. Scored a hat trick that henrik would be proud of. Kenny’s on his hunkers. Shang-a-lang has the lassies in training for this years’ 10k. Is that another year gone? Passing so quickly now.

Mr Beloushi is back from Oman but worried about his ability to move from Further to Higher Education. I have a stack of Post Rock stuff to go to Deko.

The Happy Highlanders are off to Perth to see Jackie Leven (again!).

The sun is out at last, so its falling asleep in the garden time for me again. Is this the highlight of the year now for me at my age? Well actually yes. Oh & lets not forget that Channel 5 has the cricket rights for the next 4 years. Nice one mate.

Sometimes, I listen to more comfortable music: like the stuff above or (at last I found it!) East of Eden's first lp: Mercator Projected. Trouble is while I was in Lost in Music, I also saw the C.O.B. cd Moyshe McStiff & the Tartan Lancers of the Sacred Heart & Comus' s first 2 lps on one cd. I could go on & on...............


I Woke Up Laughing........




No comments: