Monday, May 01, 2006


In Search for Lost Psychedelia

The beauty of this current download culture is that those stupid mistakes you made as a teenager, when bread was in short supply, can be rectified, (almost).

I did not sell much of my valuable vinyl collection, but I do regret selling: tontos expanding headband/brian auger/nice- thoughts of emerlist davjack.

I recently got a copy of the latter & its still sounds superb (to these 52 year old ears).

I have also managed to acquire most of the Tonto tracks & a range of Brian Auger tracks. The Tontos Expanding Headband were so far ahead of the game & produced that magnificent album. I couldn’t understand why it was so difficult to track down until I realised that Stevie Wonder had been so smart that he brought Malcolm Cecil & the other part of the duo on board & must have gave them such a lucrative contract that their own output stagnated & died. Stevie was to reap the reward for this as the albums that followed were so innovative.

Anyway all I need now is the time left to catch up on listening to this wealth of rare Mexican, Japanese or Brazilian psychedelia that I have now amassed. Why there is so much Brazilian psychedelia available is totally beyond my ken?




No comments: