Friday, March 10, 2006


Life in a Scottish Sitting Room
As they say its not where you are from, where you have been or where you are going, but where yous at, that counts.

All those years when I missed out on brazilian tropicalia, but the opportunity is there now as more material is made available. I have sourced some terrific podcasts, online radio stations & Gilles Peterson always plays a decent number of brazilian tracks. This music & afrofunk is becoming more popular as people desperately catch on to the next big thing before it fades. Look at what happened with World Music when the bubble burst.

Speaking of which, what was that silly review of Sun City Girls live at Install all about? I was there, as I jumped at the chance of catching the Bishop brothers live. I was not disappointed they were outasite!

A little bit of ethnic forgery done with reverence & good taste is fine e.g. Can or the 60s British Blues Boom.

There is a very healthy music scene at the moment that harks back to the 60s & pays respect to that period but moves it on to a new, better level. I am thinking here of Devendra Banhart, 6 organs of admittance, double leopards...etc

No comments: