Thursday, March 23, 2006



DON’T PUSH ME COS IM CLOSE TO THE EDGE



What is going on in my life! Just received a school photo through the mail that makes me proud of who I was & who I am today. It was a photo from a newspaper that showed a group of 5th year pupils excluded from school for having long hair. This was at a time when suspension from school was a rare occurrence. How proud I was to be in that photo, although you can barely see me. (On a technical note, I believe my offence was more due to either my red cord or my checked hipster trousers)

Even at 52+ I hope I haven’t lost that edge, that heart felt pride that ensures I will fight injustice where I see it. If I am to remembered for something, I would hope it would be for that.

It was strange yesterday as I was in Dumbarton at the exact same spot where the photo was taken. Yes, life is full of those flickers between the mundane & the spiritual. Sometimes we are so involved in the routines of this life that we miss the magical/spiritual elements that were so apparent to our ancestors.

I have noticed that there is another blog with a similar name to this one. I was here first matey.



No comments: