Monday, March 27, 2006



I’ve Got Those Fleetwood Mac, Chicken Shack, John Mayall Cant Fail Blues

Yes, you are correct I have been listening to my old copies of the Liverpool Scene albums. Actually I finally got around to transferring the vinyl copies of ‘St Adrian Co. Broadway’ & ‘Recollections’ onto minidisk & from there onto cd (although as single long tracks).


Other vinyl treated this way include Pete Brown, whose albums along with the Liverpool Scene, have remained my favourites since the late 60s, early 70s. I actually caught Adrian Henri (RIP 2000), of Liverpool Scene live at what was the Third Eye Centre (now CCA) in Sauchiehall St, Glasgow. Around that same period I went nearby to see Allen Ginsberg at a venue in Blythswood Square.

Glasgow does have something weird & wonderful about it. Just last week I popped into Mono, King St for a browse though the cds. Stephen Pastel (a fellow librarian) was working in the shop & I walked past Bill Wells who was eating & chatting in the restaurant. I came home & there is the latter all over the ‘Wire’ magazine.

Naturally I was only window-shopping @ Mono. I drifted over to Paddy’s Market & bought a 50p copy of Jill Scott’s’ Beautifully Human’ (no not Gil Scott Heron, Keith…….who incidentally has strong Glasgow connections as his father/granddad? used to play for Glasgow’s no. 1 football team!). This was well within my price range.

Nostalgia is ruling my life even more. I recently got that old school photo of my classmates being excluded from school in 1970 & on Friday I was @ a colleague’ s 60th birthday celebrations & there on his office wall, there was a photo of the same school. Co-incidences cropping up all around me. Usually these are signs of some dramatic event, but I just accept them of insights into God’s power to shape our lives.

No comments: