Sunday, November 01, 2009



























Life under the flightpath, pt 786

As I search for sleep, I hear the thumping blood, circulating through it’s dodgy, pump & the drifting outdoor sounds are mashed alongside.

I feel as if I am living inside the Alan Splet soundtrack to ‘Eraserhead’.

Although much is in my head, I hear creaky, old buildings with loose floorboards & dying plumbing & heating systems, ill –fitting doors & windows & leaky, dripping taps long past the need of washers.

Town sounds bleed into the mix; planes, cars, wheelie bins being emptied or somersaulting in the high winds, football in the park, drunks singing Irish rebel songs or just shouting, the constant screaming of the alarms of emergency vehicles, that conjure up images of NY, or a riot.

I wonder why so many young people with to listen to silly music on their iPods, when there are so many more interesting sounds around.

Perhaps it is a control thing: you may wish to use your own choice of music to cover up these environmental sounds?

No comments: