Sunday, November 01, 2009











































Life Under the Flightpath pt 111

Perhaps there are unconscious benefits from a life under the flightpath?

Something drives me to go out on my own to wide open spaces, where you only hear the natural sounds of the countryside.

There are no better sounds than a trickling stream or a raging waterfall or birds hovering or the wind in the long grass or the treetops.

Maybe this is what prompted me to give up making my own music & to concentrate on recording the environmental sounds around me.

There is also something very relaxing in the drone of machines.

Recently I have also been listening to some superb soundwalks & I would wish to recommend the outstanding Chris Watson’s work, Resonance Fm – Framework series as well as Touch Radio.

There are lots of great examples of phonography around & some of the websites are great works of art…e.g. check out Punck’s work or as mentioned in early dispatches the ‘Devil’s Plantation’ site is inspiring.










No comments: