Monday, November 30, 2009





































Coping with Winter

With a fresh, George Clooney hairdo, I scramble into another year. My ears thankfully my ears are always open to new things. I am still constantly surprised & impressed.


Brian Harnetty, whose 'American Winter' is a favourite album of this writer is now working with Bonnie Prince Billy on 'Silent City'. I do look forward to hearing this.

Stone Breath's 'Songs of the Moonlight & the Rain', Twin Sister Moon's 'Hollow Mountain' & Trembling Bells - 'Carbeth' have me twitching in a corner.


I am also grooving to Novemthree' s 'Of my Mother's Weary Wanderings', although sadly this title conjures up the meanderings of my own ma.

Also on constant repeat at the moment I have Robert Haigh's 'Written on Water. The music sounds just like the title & it is a perfect soundtrack to what is occurring out the window: the wind & the rain & more rain & more wind & the rapidly disappearing light.

No comments: