Monday, March 23, 2009






















Radio Mountaineering




I know what you are saying, Radio Scotland does not set out to be wierd. It just is.


That is not having a go at them it is excellent radio that pushes the boudaries more than the 'Wire' favourite Resonance FM.

Take the gardening programme on the radio. It is ok, you can get by without the visuals, by using your imagination & that's a good thing.

However the other night (Oops I forgot to mention, I only listen in the car, so I get bitesize chunks only, they are not joined up...perhaps this accounts for some of the oddity?), where was I ........ok.....


......A climbing programme, now you have to remember, I am driving a hunk of metal down narrow roads & this requires more than half of my brain, the other half was trying to understand the instructions concerning movement & holds on a cliff face, step by step, hand by hand.


My wife was also talking to me in a diabetic speed rush.............I thought to myself, maybe I have heard enough of this to summon my old sherpa team from Katmandu (they might be past their sell by date by now, I fear) & head up Mount Everest.


I only saw this from below now is the time for the view from the top??

No comments: