Sunday, August 13, 2006


Last Great Wilderness

Managed to catch up with this movie on tv this weekend. I have been looking for it since I knew the Pastels had done the soundtrack. I had heard most of the music already. I had no concept of a plot but then this was not a problem, as I don’t think that the director had one either.

It meandered through the most beautiful country in the world at its harshest, but some would say most picturesque, time. If anyone knows what the film was about, please send a comment.

David Hayman had a typical menacing role, but eventually he had to wear a dress as did Bill Wells. This may be difficult to imagine, it was odd to see. Good to see the Pastels in a movie. Not many librarians make it to the big screen. I have a distant memory of being an extra in a Bollywood epic during the early 70s, but this may have been a hallucination, they were strange days indeed.



By the way apart from continuously playing Koop' s Waltz for Koop cd, I have been on a sort of mahavishnu trip. I tell you 'Inner Mountain Flame' followed by ' Between Nothingness & Eternity' helps blow the cobwebs away as I type this @ 6.30 a.m Saturday.

No comments: