Thursday, August 10, 2006


DRONE TO DRIFT

Note to self: must listen to more Scott Walker & David Sylvian. Although in truth, I have listened to both recently. I finally got Scott's 'Climate of the Hunter' on cd & his new album 'Drift'.

However what I have really been listening to & enjoying is Nine Horses (David Sylvian) song 'The Librarian' for two very obvious reasons. Here is the superb lyrics:


The Librarian


Keep you head down Keep you head down While they’re firing low You’re too young child To know the difference
Oh my pretty Oh my sweet girl It’s a marvelous place They put weights down In your coat tails to burn you out
Lest you fly Lest you take off And show whomever what’s what. It’s one outrageous lie after another
Turn their lights out Change the channel Before we lose the heart To fight against belief in what they’re saying
There’s a hotel With a dark room At the end of a corridor I will meet you To the strains of Allah
We will lie back On a pillow of the whitest snow And the silence we were promised Will engulf us


Lay your head down Keep your head down While they’re firing low You’re too young child You’re too young child
We will wake up From the dreams that bury us We will tunnel our way out By moonlight
From the dark room To the white streets and the snow banks We’ll invest in one another’s future
Oh my pretty Oh my sweet girl It’s a marvelous place She designed it With escape routes For you and me
So to the library With your new card Grab your favorite books Look for blueprintsTo the strains of Allah Here we go….
Benevolence is in back Of everyplace you look It’s not a monstrous face she is hiding
If I see her I will tell you You’ll come quickly If you see her Don’t hesitate just go
But til then

Keep your head down Keep your head down While they’re firing low You’re too young child You’re too young child
You’re too young child Here we go…


No comments: