Tuesday, May 19, 2009













































Night Song of the Last Tram


By rights I should read Robert Douglas's biographies as we have some common ground, e.g. being a bus conductor on the #61 bus on Maryhill Road back in the day before my trip to India overland & because we both worked in prison.

I have not read them but I went to hear/see him in Balloch Library as part of the West Dunbartonshire Book Festival & I and the huge crowd were mesmerised.


Hopefully, if I could find respite from the 2 stressful reading groups I am involved in, I could get around to reading his trilogy, before he produces his fiction.

His work surely strikes many chords with his audince & the fact that he turned to writing at such a late stage in his life gives hope to everyone.

No comments: