Sunday, August 12, 2007
















Vinyl Compilations

The Happy Highlanders are hanging out at our neck of the woods a lot recently & this is truly terrific, although I am sure it is remarkably boring for our wives!



A recent ‘Trainspotting’ conversation concerned those cheap vinyl compilations that we nursed under our arms as we bunked off school. As now we didn’t have enough money to feed our music buying habits & we would spend any ready cash on those compilations, that were such great value for money.

I mentioned to my fellow addict that I had just got a hold of the 2 Island label compilations: ‘Nice Enough to Eat’ & ‘You Can All Join In’. As he has such a trying time recently, it was such a pleasure to see his face light up like it did, when we were 17 years old & first came across these albums.

I forgot to mention that I also had ‘Bumpers’. I am looking out for ‘Picnic’ (Harvest) & ‘Rock Machine: I Love You’ & ‘Rock Machine: Turns You On’(both on CBS) & ‘Vertigo Annual’. The last 3 I have on scratchy vinyl.

I have fond memories of others that have long been deleted & it is challenging to try & source copies of these.

1 comment:

DJFern said...

just seen your blog i remember thos lps and me and my mates excitement as 15/16 year olds. what great music on them which my kids now like too!!!