Sunday, April 20, 2008



















There is No Vibrations, but Wait

Total confusion now as spring crawls in. I was playing Justin Bennett’s cd ‘Wildlife’ the other morning early bells. You know the cd that begins with the dawn chorus.

As I was listening to it & sipping my java, I could hardly hear the birds chirping on the cd for the real blackbirds outside the window.

Isn’t this just totally mad? I am listening quite often to e.g. Chris Watson’s cds of wildlife sounds up close & then there is the leakage from the real world coming in.

My new mobile phone has 1 gig music mp3 memory. It is an 8 minute walk to work. If I listen to music walking to & from work that is 16 minutes of music I can catch. What if I listen to bird song on the moby as I walk through the park.

Is this a real or artificial soundwalk? Am I going mad?

No comments: