Tuesday, November 02, 2010








































Future Shock


And
Now For Some Silent Meditation'

the voice booms out over the LOUDspeakers, 'Have your chequebooks at the ready'

of course, I cut on out of there
lights flashed, explosions overhead,
the city was becoming a dangerous place in which to live.

Sleeping on the wing,
running with the wind,
scraping thru the debris
& the charred remains of civilisation.

Hells Angels playing handball with a human, shrunken head,

discovering dark magic,
needing something to believe in,

a cloak of blackness, the sun refuses to shine.

Hitch-hiking was out of the question, hikers were now proclaimed fair game,
for crazy rich men in fast cars.

Walking & running & gasping for breath,
symbols of decadence decorate long, abandoned buildings.
Shock waves shatter my 'Easy Rider' sun shades,
there goes my only protection against the flaring fireballs.


'Have I died yet?', I ask myself,
'No, but I think you're crazy', I answered in disbelief.

We were always discussing our boredom before. 'You could have really been someone'
- a voice whispers, far off under six feet of water, 'I know' I replied with a grin,
as my feet slip off the end of the earth.......


No comments: