Tuesday, December 09, 2008
































The Doors of Perception


At the start of last week with the frost & all, my continental car doors (electrical) decided to lock in the open position.

This presented some fine challenges, when driving upon icy roads ignored by the sleepy gritters.

Always the genius & with a nod to my late father, I tied the 2 front doors with string & my passenger & downstairs neighbour took it all in his stride as we slipped along the road to work.

I had put the car in the garage for a different problem i.e. slow starting & they were going to give it a cold start to check. I phoned up & was told it started first time, but there was a slight problem a Mitsubishi Shogun had whacked the door in. He must have had killer bull bars. Anyway I now need a new door, fortunately the other driver stated it was his fault & admitted liability so that his insurance will cover the repair.

No comments: